Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Puzzle of the

Hey, here's a puzzle. Not a completely new idea since other puzzles I do made me think of it, but I did make this one up myself. It's a simple substitution cipher. It's a quote that some "famous" person said. The answer I'm looking for is the name of the person who said it. If you don't know the quote, the answer is also partially in the cipher key. So you should be able to figure out who it is.

Example:
KCHPODP NKEPH UAP APKBU IBQX GQOFPB

Key:
SHAKEPRBCDFGIJLMNOQTUVWXYZ

Text:
Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Author:
SHAKEPR = Shakespeare


I can give out hints later if needed, we'll see how this goes. Don't post the answer until I do. Hopefully it makes sense. Good luck! (Hopefully I ciphered it right...)

Puzzle:

OJBSBOUFS NT INMF B USFF BCE SFQVUBUNAC INMF B TJBEAX. UJF TJBEAX NT XJBU XF UJNCM AG NU; UJF USFF NT UJF SFBI UJNCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment